Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011...Four-Year-Old Brilliance

This photo will seem rather random, but there's a story behind it that makes me smile.  My four-year-old was playing nicely in his room today when he called me in to see what he had been up to.  I noticed he had taken his deer figurines and placed one on each of his cowboy horses, Little People animals, etc.  When I asked him what he was doing, he said "The cowboys have been out hunting and are bringing their deer home on their horses".  Sheer brilliance, if you ask me.  So clever!  It reminds me of the day I found deer antlers on the floor and grumbled about Avery chewing them off Nate's deer.  Nathaniel quickly corrected me and said "Avery didn't chew them, I pulled them off".  Confused, I asked, "Why would you rip the antlers off all your deer and moose?" and his response kills me:  "Because they're decorations!"  Judging by the deer antlers his father and grandfather have displayed, he's quite right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment